Tuesday, April 19, 2011

today's look: in Batiste

I'd received batiste dry shampoo in blush and original
I never used dry shampoo before
so I've done some research
and asked my friends so I can use them correctly

there were always some DIY tips I'd heard along the way
that you can shampoo with spoonful of olive oils,
vinegar or etc etc to get rid of your greasi-ness hair
but I wanted to use the brands known for the hair products
who will be professional in this field so I can really trust

basically it was when you use when you're out of water
the perfect occasion sounded when you go camping

or those who work non-stop and can't find the right time
to go on shampooing (sometimes you get those busy days right?)

and personally I don't like my hair looking
a tiny bit greasy when I go out and have to face so many people

this is where I thought it would be perfect to try them
in between time of washes
(you washed your hair last night and heading to shower today
but in those between times when you have to
head over to the gym, or for coffee run
you don't want to look like
you just had a lazy morning right?)

sorry I didn't take my pictures spraying them on
but I thought words could explain better here
since there are easy step by steps written and short video

captured images credit to: batiste



this one is best for you
if you like girly, fruity scents

they last quite a long while
feels like i've just sprayed on a hair mist






every product page there's a "how to use" link
with 46 seconds short but easy steps videos
so you can follow easy 4 steps to create
voluminous, bold and fresher looks of the day :)






this is the classic one
not a strong scent but just like a lighter spray smell?
(it smells similar to blush but in a lighter floral, lime-y way)

it feels cool spraying directly to the roots of your hair so close
so the best way to use is to leave at almost 30 cm or so and spray it
ONLY on the oily parts of your hair
or else the spray won't be useful to absorb in
any of the sebum (hair oil)


massage your hair roots (the part you sprayed on)
with your fingertips

stay few minutes like that
and brush them all with thick brush for volumization








go click the link and join the competition
if you win then you and your friend can get the
full fabulous hair look at LONDON!




the places you can shop to get batiste products

who doesn't love asos here? ;)

I've put a collage to explain the feel of these dry shampoos smell
the yellow flowers are for the original
(trying to portray lighter floral scent here)
blush in pink flowers like you can tell by the colors

to me scent doesn't matter for these products
because they are not perfumes to stay on forever
it's just part of the feel to make it cool while spraying

only look for the results seen in your hair
for my look above, i didn't backcomb to make fuller looks
because I like clean, fresh and calm look on my hair
so I just brushed them and they looked
shiny and healthy

for fuller looks, I recommend you try backcombing after you sprayed on
just like you would do with your normal sprays for styling
and then you'll be able to create some fun-ness

i'm giving full 10 points to the products
by the look, results and the easy directions

if you are looking for dry shampoo
no hesitate, just grab one today!

54 comments:

patricia said...

love your post! it is so interesting!i am following and will come back here soon!!

Frédérique said...

i've heard a lot of good things on lush on the french blogosphere too !

Mary said...

Hello, Michelle, fantastic post and
it is so interesting
Kiss.
http://mary1975.blogs.elle.es/

dotie said...

i've never tried on dry shampoo before so thanks for sharing this :)

eclectic du jour

Haute World said...

I actuallyl have the classic one, which I use when I have to catch an early morning flight and don't have time to wash my hair. Definitely works as a temporary solution!

Sher said...

I've never tried dry shampoo before, I must say I love a good hair wash everyday:)

And I'm the biggest fan of asos!

xx

Rach said...

what a great blog! you are so inspirational! if you get the chance, i would love for you to check out mine and give me some of your opinions! :) it would be greatly apprieciated. :)
follow me?
www.so--hi.blogspot.com

Lorena said...

I have never purchased dry shampoo.
Whenever my hair become greasy or just plain dirty and I do not have time, I just put baby powder in it and then pull it back into a ponytail.
:)

FashionJazz said...

I have never tried dry shampoo, sounds good! Happy Wednesday xx

Meri said...

I have super thick hair so usually I have to go at least a few days between shampoos to get greasy- but I never make it that long haha. This would be nice for camping though, like you say!

Bonnie said...

This is a really nice review. I am so stupid when it comes to dry shampoo. I usually just ponytail my hair back or use a headband to prevent anyone pointing and laughing at the greaseball above my face.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

dolceedamara said...

Wow! I guess I will stick to a traditional shampoo though! :)
xoxo
dolceedamara.blogspot.com

Meagan said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I've always wondered how these worked!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulous post, darling!
I need some new hair products!

xoxox,
CC

Vanesa said...

Cute post! thanks for your comment honey!

xx

http://lipstickcandy.blogspot.com/

Bruna Andrade said...

Obrigada por seguir meus blogs! Estou seguindo o seu também!
Beijos!
http://bafotografiaseesmaltes.blogspot.com/
http://simoneemboacompanhia.blogspot.com/
@brfandrade

Pop Champagne said...

nice, yeah I don't like my hair being greasey too when I go out. this sounds like a good product base on your review!

ashley nicole catherine said...

nice! i hadn't heard of batiste. i love the dry shampoo by klorane. use it pretty much every other day!

xo.ashley

Oh to Be a Muse said...

looks like it smells pretty nice. i actually just bought a dry shampoo by oscar blandi, but i haven't used it yet.

Joey said...

Informative post! I never thought much of dry shampoos as I didn't think I had the need for it. However, as you suggested, I think it would be great if I just want to do a quick freshen up.

My Fashion Dolly said...

Great post! It's sounds really interesting! Xoxo

Rocio R.

Lydz xX said...

wud love to try it

http://themashedup.blogspot.com/
Lydz xX

For all the shoes said...

I used to hate dry shampoo but...
Anyway I LOVE Asos too! :)

Marella said...

I Have to try this shapoo! Thanks!

Patti D. said...

dry shampoo? will try it!

Cafe Fashionista said...

I need to dry dry shampoo for myself - I have heard such incredible things about it! :)

Missy said...

oh I love this! Fab pics x

Missy
Blending Style, Celebs and Fashion
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

Briana + Stephanie. said...

haha thank you!
love your blog!
xx

Susu Paris Chic said...

Never ever tried a dry shampoo... and I got some serious hair material, I mean surface to cover!

k come karolina said...

need to try one!



xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

mirjam schuurkamp! said...

i heard so much people talk about dry shampoo!
and i want it 2 !
thanks for sharing girl!

i have a new outfit post maybe you can check it out?

www.mirfashion.blogspot.com
everyday a new post.

xxx Mir

Miss Fashion said...

Thank you so much for your comment.

xx

Pauline said...

it looks like it smells great!

http://www.ohmydior.org/

yiqin; said...

they dont sell it in sg :(

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

so lovely. x hivenn

annette said...

i haven't tried this dry shampoo thing.. maybe i'll give it a shot now!


xo
annette

Sharlxo said...

great post! Thanks for sharing,
Ive used batiste before and i always end up with white flakes/powder in my hair and i always assumed it was due to having black hair making it way more noticable than blondes/brunettes however from your review i now think i must not be following the instructions properly and im going to give it another go! :D

sharlxo.blogspot.com

Agora tô pronta said...

Very nice *-*

Anne Neville said...

good post, i used the original one, and i like it as a temporary solution.. although it doesn't keep the fullness for long, just to warn you i always carried a brush with me! xxx

Chloe Mia said...

Great review i personally don't like the scents very much but i still use it as i like the product!

chloe-mia.blogspot.com x

Monique said...

Looks like an amazing product!
Monique xx

misszuman.blogspot.com

Katy said...

Hi M, wow thank you so much for recommending it to us. I've always wanted to try out dry shampoo but not sure which brand. Thank You!:)
xoxo,
Katy
http://katyrosli90.blogspot.com/

Lia Waroka Putri said...

I am considering to buy dry shampoo now! Thanks for sharing ^^

Silkybow said...

dry shampoo! I want to try some lush products, should visit the store, when i next walk past it :D

Audrey Allure said...

Sounds like a great product!

Girls just wanna have..style! said...

Interesting post!
I've given you some awards!Check out my blog for more info!

http://girljustwannahavestyle.blogspot.com

Cindy, fashionsbeauty said...

I've been using this for years, it's pretty good I agree xoxo

www.fashionsbeauty.com

keschen said...

interesting post..love it :)

check out my new blog and follow if you like:)
http://raindropsofred.blogspot.com/

xoxo

Sarah CHIC NEVERLAND said...

wow it sounds great!!

http://chicneverland.blogspot.com/

Sam said...

Very nice blog and post! Thanks for following!! following back ofcourse :) c u around!! xx

fashionablecelebs said...

It's the best!
http://fashionablecelebs.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

J'aime vraiment votre article. J'ai essaye de trouver de nombreux en ligne et trouver le v?tre pour être la meilleure de toutes.

Mon francais n'est pas tres bon, je suis de l'Allemagne.

Mon blog:
simulation pret ou simuler rachat de credit

Anonymous said...

Quite beneficial posting Excited for additional content articles within your web page.

Anonymous said...

Howdy fellas I finally got around to applying to the forum [url=http://huyrtiy45blog.sosblogs.com/The-first-blog-b1/Travel-information-for-you-and-your-partner-b1-p1.htm]:)[/url]. Looking forward to joining with this specific modest community here. I was initially exploring forever for something that would fit the bill and it took me quite some time but right now I count on communicating with people who are like-minded.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...